Here are all the details for the science & natural history museum trip
In case of emergency contact Mr Banks by ringing the school office 01923 331100 or meet at the meeting area – the deli café
Questions to complete whilst you are at the museum.
- Describe the models of the dinosaurs
- Are they made of real dinosaur bones?
- How are the fossils formed?
- Where do we find these fossils, in what types of rocks do fossils form best? Why?
- Find an example of each type of rock, describe the features that you can see
- Look at the crystal sizes, what does this tell you about the rocks?
- Are there any special features in the rocks?
- How are they formed? How can you tell?
- Use the museum to describe how each geological phenomenon takes place
- Mountain formation
- What is the oldest fossil that you can find?
- What are minerals?
- What do they contain?
- What colours are they?
- Where do these colours come from
- What is the largest living thing that you can find?
- Describe how the earth was formed
Homework from the visit
write a report in any style you like detailing
- What you did
- What you learnt
- What you enjoyed
Due in Thursday